Accurate test for measuring human calprotectin
BIOHIT Calprotectin is a quantitative test which provides a reliable differentiation between inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). IBD is commonly associated with conditions such as ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease. Patients suffering from either IBS or IBD may experience similar symptoms and a clinical examination alone may not be sufficient to give a specific diagnosis. Furthermore, these conditions may appear from early childhood to late adulthood and the diagnosis is often delayed due to vague symptoms or reluctance to perform endoscopy.
With BIOHIT Calprotectin, the determination between inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can be made non-invasively and in-expensively from a stool sample. In organic disorders like IBD, the concentration fecal calprotectin increases significantly, whereas with functional disorders like IBS this does not occur.
BIOHIT Calprotectin can also be used for monitoring the mucosal healing of a patient with IBD. This for example helps to support the practitioner in making informed decisions concerning medication and the need for medical procedures.
- Differentiates Inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) from Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Monitoring of mucosal healing with IBD patients
- Relapse prediction (clinical remission)
- Consistence of the feces does not affect the result
- Only a small amount of sample required
- Easy handling with hygienic extraction tubes = reduced process time
- Wide assay range with only one dilution 25 – 2500 mg/kg in feces
- Fits directly into automated systems (e.g. Dynex DS2)
- Validated results from a proven assay
Use of BIOHIT Extraction Tubes is highly recommended for optimal analytical performance.
- Availability limited in some countries. Please contact us for more details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|602260||BIOHIT Calprotectin||96 wells|
|602270||BIOHIT Extraction tubes||50 pcs|